March 14, 2011

Talk about lazy!

Man, I feel like a bloated fish out of water I tell ya! Don't know what's gotten into me but I haven't been out paddling in nearly a week now and that's usually not a good sign.  Of what I'm never quite sure but something is amiss, just not sure what.  Not to worry though as tomorrow is Tuesday and I will definitely be out and about the Santa Monica bay.  If you care to join me I usually leave Mother's Beach in Marina del Rey at around 5:30 pm and get back in around 8 or so. Noting too wild,  just a good workout out towards the Venice pier then back. Make sure you bring a headlamp as the Coast Guard guys like to be able to see you when they fly out of the harbor so bring one.  

                   
I think my night surfing sessions are on hold for a bit.  Some think it's living a little too on the edge and I admit I have had some wild nights like the "Broken Greenland Paddle" night.  Wow, can't have much more fun than that! Then there was the night when I finally did came back in it was so black out I couldn't even see the breakwater! And, since no one has ever joined me, maybe it is a bit "edgy".  I have decided instead to work on all those different strokes I've been reading about and watching.  Pretty darn amazing when you start putting all of it together. Don't get me wrong, I can push my kayak around ok and am comfortable doing so,  I'd just like to smooth it all out a bit.  Learn to use less effort to make my kayak do what I want it to when "I" want. lol  Probably should have started out this way but if you know me "I gotta go 90 before I can walk!"  It was like when I use to race, I had to drive the car or bike before I could work on it because I had to understand how it worked first so...Now that I've had some serious fun and learned about the different hulls it's time to learn a bit more about finessing that paddle and boat which will only increase the fun!

Ok, that's it for now little campers.  I hope for smooth paddle days ahead, or rough ones if that's what your after.